In the midst of the Covid pandemic affecting the whole world, Flatworld team has rallied around minimizing service disruptions for our customers, while ensuring the safety and security of our employees and the community.
We have over 3500+ team members working remote, all managed within a week. Read more
7 Top Customer Service Skills Your Business Needs to Acquire
Going forward, customers will be loyal to brands who provide the best customer service. Know the skills your business needs to acquire
Is your business losing out on customers and you are failing to build long-term business relationships with them despite having a great product or service? Are you falling short of trained resources who can provide great customer service to your clients? Exceptional customer service is the lifeline of any business. We all are aware that going forward, great customer service will be the key for any business to be successful.
Great customer service is going to be one of the key differentiators for your organization in this competitive market where clients have so many services or product options. Providing great customer service can help your business to generate return business, earn new customers, and create multiple referral business opportunities.
Top Customer Service Skills That Your Business Must Acquire
Better revenues and growth opportunities for business come with great customer service as it is the base of a successful and sustainable business. It is important that companies understand the secret of providing great customer service before their competitors do. To make things easy for businesses, we have listed some of the top customer service skills that you need to possess or develop over time to provide your clients with exceptional customer service. Some of them are listed here -
1. Product/Service Knowledge This is the first and the most important skill that every employee of your business must possess. They must have a deep understanding of your company's product or service. They should be updated with the latest developments and features and be able to convey the same to the clients. Having good knowledge helps in faster troubleshooting, smarter service recommendations, and better customer interactions.
2. Maintain Transparency It is a well-known fact that nobody is perfect. Even the best in the industry make mistakes. The key is to admit when you are wrong and not promise something which you will not be able to deliver to the client. Being upfront and honest is the key when it comes to providing your clients with the best customer service.
3. Positive Language Using the best and most positive language is the key when it comes to building a loyal customer base and a long-term relationship. It is important the way you phrase your sentences while interacting with your clients. Having a tone which is friendlier and more approachable helps in gathering trust from the client.
4. Expect Objections When you are in a competitive business, you will have several questions being asked. No client is waiting to just buy your product or services as they have way too many options in the market and they have the power to ask questions. Many customer support executives fear this situation, but these questions can provide you with vital information such as client needs, their challenges, concerns, etc.
5. Thinking on Your Feet There are situations when the clients throw random questions and doubts which aren't covered in your company's training guide or product policies. In such scenarios, it is important to think quickly and be able to provide solutions right away. If you are not able to find a suitable answer to your client's question, you need to have a clear back-up plan to get in touch with a senior employee who can help you out immediately.
6. Maintain Clarity No client will like if you keep beating around the bush and not provide the answer the client is looking for. The best practice would be to provide a solution or answer which is concise and to the point. Keeping the customer's background in mind, you need to ensure that they understand your language and not get lost in technical terminologies.
7. Closing Skills Closing skills refer to the ability of your customer support team to end the communication ensuring that all the questions of the client are answered satisfactorily. Asking “Is there anything else I can assist you with?” can help in building a loyal customer and garnering a long-term relationship. This helps in making your clients believe that you care about them and are willing to help them in any way possible.
These are some of the top customer service skills which your customer support team needs to develop on priority. These apply to both, the existing team and the new people joining your customer support team. Following these will not only help you boost your brand loyalty, grow your business, and win new customers but also to build long-term relationships and boost your revenues.
Call Center Staffing Calculator
Calculate staffing & costing for your project
Call Center FTE Calculator from Flatworld Solutions is One-of-its-kind, FREE online tool that helps you calculate the number of agents and cost requirement for your call center operations, with least possible inputs. This calculator is easy-to-use and is made to provide you the best user experience while getting an accurate answer to your call center expansion requirements. In case you need some assistance with our Call Center Staffing and Cost Calculator, please refer to our
Provide the Best Customer Support to Your Customers with Flatworld Solutions
Flatworld Solutions has been a pioneer in providing quality customer support services and a series of other call center services to its global clientele. Having worked with various clients around the world from different verticals, we are able to understand each client's unique requirements and provide them with customized services. We leverage the latest call center tools and technologies which enable us to deliver quality solutions within a quick time.
If you are looking for a reliable, cost-effective, and efficient customer service support provider, then look no further. Get in touch with us today!