Business Acquisition Entrepreneur and Attorney Gets Data Cleansing and Data Enrichment Services from Flatworld
Client Profile - Business Acquisition Entrepreneur and Attorney
The client is based in the United States (Connecticut) and uses past mergers and acquisition experience to find new acquisition candidates. The client focuses on medium and small businesses that do not currently have an online presence. After closing transactions, the client helps the original business owners in a transition to either retirement or new business projects.
Client Requirements and Challenges - Data Enrichment and Data Validation Support
The client needed support for validating business owner data as part of the process for identifying new business opportunities. Once prospect information is cleansed and validated, the client contacts each business owner and reviews acquisition scenarios. To confirm a complete understanding of client requirements, Flatworld Solutions (FWS) offered to conduct a free trial before the project contract was finalized.
The project involved three primary challenges -
- The client required a fast turnaround.
- Daily and weekly project requirements varied considerably.
- The client's research process involved a series of specific and detailed steps.
The Solution - By Flatworld Solutions
The Flatworld Solutions data specialists developed this solution -
- The quality test team included an account manager and one data research specialist. The free trial consisted of validating 100 records and was completed in one day.
- Prior to the trial phase, the client provided an online training manual with detailed descriptions of data validation requirements.
- FWS used online tools such as ZoomInfo and RocketReach to validate email addresses. In the event of inaccurate email contact data, the team used a data enrichment process to correct email addresses. When email data could not be validated or corrected via data enrichment, incorrect data was cleansed and eliminated from the database.
- Upon client approval of the quality test, FWS began the ongoing data enrichment and validation project with a team of eight data management specialists. Work volume fluctuated and ranged from several hundred to two thousand business records on a weekly basis.
Final Results - Ongoing Contract for Data Management
This project shows how an experienced outsourcing provider can easily accommodate detailed data validation requirements that vary significantly on a daily basis. The client was pleased with the FWS combination of a fast turnaround, precise data validation and the capability to quickly scale up or down as project requirements fluctuated. Contact Flatworld Solutions today to discuss our customized data validation, data enrichment, and data cleansing strategies.