Data Mining for a Online Ticket Vending Portal
Our client was -
- A Israel-based online ticket vending portal which sells tickets for sports and entertainment events in the US and Israel.
- Struggling to regain confidence of its customers and thus looking for an offshore partner that would provide it with the best data mining and extraction solutions at a cost effective price.
The client's requirement was to populate their portal with details on sports, music, arts and theatrical events, which had to be mined from the vast Ticketmaster™ website. The client had provided us with access to their back-end content management system so that we could upload the new event details to their website. Some of the challenges we faced were -
- Selecting the relevant category to reach the correct Ticketmaster™ event sub-page
- Selecting various details on event sub-pages, such as band name, location, venue, date, time, attached photos, and template, etc.
- Creating templates according to the event category and band name
- Searching images for band names and categories
- Logging into the client's website and creating an event
- Updating the genre in each category, band name, date, time, country, city, place, gender, age, info, tags, etc.
- Uploading the appropriate image for each event, and verifying accuracy of all data entered
The project required great attention to detail. We ensured that we lived up to the client's expectations and provided them with accurate data. The actions we took to address the challenges were -
- Checking each category for accuracy of details
- Checking the updated event details, including band name, location, time, country and tags
- Verifying that the information was in proper order and clearly understandable
Our actions resulted in -
- Updated and verified records on the required websites.
- Successful implementation of the changes asked for by the client during feedback sessions.
- Complete client satisfaction, leading to the establishment of a long-term relationship: the initial 3-month contract has now been extended to a continuous working relationship and outsourcing of more projects.