Advantages and Disadvantages of Data Center Outsourcing
Outsourcing trends continue to touch different industries and domains, and the IT sector is not an exception. Amongst the different services being outsourced in the present global market, data center operations-with their volume and magnitude-are considered to be one of the most important and highly outsourced business operations by a company.
Although data center outsourcing seems to be a smooth ride, one has to analyze the various pros and cons involved in outsourcing Data Center services to decide what suits their operations the best.
What Makes Data Center Outsourcing Tick?
Global IT spending is on the rise and is expected to see further upward movement in the future. All these factors point to an expected rise in Data Center Outsourcing. Regardless of the size of a business and the industry in which a business operates, organizations across the globe have started realizing that entering into a strategic alliance with reliable partners or service providers for data center outsourcing improves their progress. Most of the medium and large scale enterprises across the world are seeing voluminous IT consolidation processes, and data centers lead the way when it comes to IT outsourcing.
Outsourcing data centers help to achieve economical and efficient running of a business while reaping other related benefits, such as allowing them to focus on their primary business activities. Data center outsourcing allows corporations to flexibly manage their ICT infrastructures, without compromising on security and reliability.
Pros and Cons of Data Center Outsourcing
The string of benefits which can be afforded by outsourcing data centers also come with an associated cost. There are also certain drawbacks to data center outsourcing. Let us examine them both closely -
Advantages of Data Center Outsourcing
- Numerous cost benefits and time gained for core activities
- A valuable option for companies to access cutting-edge tools and technology such as blade servers, Flywheel UPS systems, etc.
- Adaptability to varying business situations and improved flexibility to choose specific data center related metrics
- Unique, client-centric solutions such as cloud computing, real-time lookup, etc. help in achieving significant peace of mind for the client
- Making full use of in-house IT potential and human resources
- Legal and other regulatory compliances are generally taken care of by data center providers
- Expansion into offshore markets and other scalability measures made possible
- Single-tenant facilities ensure enhanced security management along with other DCIM solutions
Disadvantages of Outsourcing
- One-to-one communication with clients is reduced significantly
- Security related issues may crop up through increased dependence on the data center provider
- Need for additional efforts such as sudden cost expenditures, infrastructure creation, etc. may arise
- Responsibility and answerability are in disorder when due diligence is not practiced
- Challenges caused due to natural disasters are more common in this method of operation
- The general location of data centers is far away from premium network hubs, requiring more travel on behalf of the in-house executives
Our Related Services
Why you should weigh the Pros and Cons of Outsourcing Data Centers?
There are many attractive features offered by data center outsourcing and cloud computing, such as - better monetary gains, lesser time spent on non-core tasks, comfortable human resource management and so on. At the same time, when not taken into consideration, unforeseen circumstances may not only eat up the said savings but lead to massive losses as well.
There is also always a possibility of a few sudden costs cropping up due security problems, mishandled disaster recovery, improper audit, etc. Therefore, appropriate caution must be exercised so as to successfully address any unexpected challenges.
Finally, one should remember that outsourcing a data center is a full-time responsibility, as only by keeping a tab on the backend processes being run by your vendor, you can ensure that your business does not get adversely affected.
Outsource your Data Center Requirements To Flatworld Solutions!
After carefully analyzing the advantages over the disadvantages of IT outsourcing services, if you feel that you want to opt for data center infrastructure management outsourcing services, then we are the perfect option for you.
With an experience of over 19 years, we have provided data center outsourcing services to several companies across the globe. Speak to one of our service representatives for more information. We will be happy to help you!
Avail best-in-class services at affordable rates
PARTNER WITH US Read about Partners & Alliances programs at Flatworld Solutions! Read More
- Flatworld Implemented a ServiceNow Solution for a US-based Award Winning Firm
- FWS Provided Swift and Impeccable ServiceNow Implementation Services
- Flatworld Provided Power BI Services to a UK-based Data Analytics Firm
- Developed an e-Learning Platform for a Global IT Organization
- Bilingual OpenCart e-commerce Solution for Canadian Boat Manufacturer
3rd Edition Middle East Banking AI and Analytics Summit Read More