Are you looking to verify the consistency of the information contained within your Building Information Model (BIM)? Are you worried that failure to properly audit your BIM will result in unreliable data output and, as a consequence, false reports? Are you looking for an objective third set of eyes to validate your BIM? If so, we can help.
Flatworld Solutions performs comprehensive BIM model auditing for clients spread across the globe. We have extensive experience in creating BIM models for a large variety of building types, including commercial/residential buildings, prisons, schools, hospitals, water treatment plants, metro stations and industrial plants, among others. We can help you review your BIM model against the intended design and solve any anomalies to give you the best result.
Our BIM Model Auditing Services
We are a leading BIM model auditing service provider and can provide you with accurate, comprehensive, and in-depth auditing of your BIM models. We have experience and expertise with both imperial and metric systems to ensure that all validations including naming standards, detail levels, and other design criteria are correctly documented and complied with.
Our services include -
File Nomenclature Check Services
We perform a check to ensure that files are named appropriately and follow the nomenclature as set out in the initial stage of the project or in the BIM Execution Plan (BEP). Things we check for include -
- Revit file names depict the area of the facility that they represent and the discipline.
- That linked CAD files are used only for symbols, legends, typical details, and schematics.
- That all linked CAD files follow the correct naming convention and that all unused CAD files are removed.
- That all families, including the generic ones, follow the family naming convention.
- That the 3D model that will be exported to .nwc and .dwg format be redlined by the BIM coordinator together with the BIM team leader.
- That all elements have the correct OmniClass and UniFormat code.
Visual Check Services
The 3D BIM models that you have created using Revit or other software will be exported into a viewer. We will then navigate the modeled facility and mark any discrepancies if present. Things we check for include -
- Those models should not contain "temporary models" or "option models." If phasing or design options are being used, we check that an appropriate document describing why they exist is present.
- That models have a browser organization for views that is intuitive and easy-to-follow. We also check that drawing sheets are included and that personal or temporary views are deleted.
- MEP models use MEP systems.
- That view templates are used for all views.
- That misplaced or flying objects are detected visually.
- That models are clean and that the fill patterns, object styles, and line patterns are correctly set up.
- That models are accurate and follow appropriate design principles. We ensure that all rooms/areas are modeled as areas or rooms and that they are not filled regions containing manual text. If for some reason, manual areas are calculated, we check that this is clearly mentioned and explained in the drawing sheet.
Clash Check Services
We perform clash detection using Navisworks to pick up discrepancies that even a comprehensive visual check might fail to pick up. The clashes detected in the software allow us to visit the exact location and visualize the situation from an all-discipline point of view. In this way, we can suggest any design changes to be performed at those particular locations. Things we check for in our clash checking process include -
- That links are removed and relinked using "shared coordinates" in a separate set of review models. Then we check that the models align with each other after making the corrections.
- That models have as few as possible or zero critical warnings, especially related to duplicate items which will affect the quantities.
- We compare previous and current clash detection reports and highlight all major issues both resolved and unresolved.
- We also perform checking on-screen by creating at least two section lines (or more) through critical areas.
- Errors found on-screen are reported to the senior architect, technical manager, and structural engineer to assess whether the issue/s can be resolved internally or whether it needs to be reported to the design consultants or main contractor.
We also provide the following additional BIM model auditing services -
- We ensure that your BIM adheres to best practices for BIM implementation.
- We make that the BIM adheres to local building codes.
- We ensure compliance with National BIM standards.
- We perform model integrity and accuracy verification against the intent of the design.
- We carry out design validation and confirmation.
- We review the LOD against the scope and objective of the design.
- We check the conformity of the model with generated 2D drawings.
- We perform model checking/auditing, checking for issues like incorrect object use and space compliance, among others.
Other Services You Can Benefit From
Why Outsource BIM Model Auditing Services to Flatworld Solutions?
There are a whole host of reasons to choose us for your BIM model auditing requirements. As a leading BIM model auditing service providing company, you receive the following benefits when you outsource to us -
We provide advanced BIM model auditing services at extremely cost-effective rates. We understand the need to be competitive, which is why we charge less. However, we still provide the highest quality.
We use the latest BIM tools and technologies to perform our BIM model auditing. We also stay abreast of all the latest best practices and recent developments, ensuring that you get cutting-edge services.
With us, you will always receive the best quality services you will find anywhere. Our extreme attention to detail ensures that the BIM model audit is rigorous and robust.
We take data security extremely seriously and are also ISO/IEC 27001:2022 ISMS-certified, ensuring that your data will only be handled by authorized personnel.
We perform all our BIM auditing services from world-class office spaces using modern workstations. We also have facilities like uninterrupted network connectivity, cloud storage options, and 200% power backup.
Quick Turnaround Time
One of our major goals is to provide our services at very quick turnaround times, and we leave no stone unturned in doing this.
Our BIM model auditing team is well-aware of the importance of diligence, accuracy, and rigor when performing the auditing. Our team will follow all the industry best practices and building codes when performing the BIM auditing services.
We provide a highly-scalable BIM model auditing service, meaning that we can ramp-up or scale-down the number of people performing the audit. In this way, you can better deal with changing business conditions.
Client Success Story
Building Scans Converted into BIM Models for Building Renovation
FWS converted scans of old buildings using BIM modeling to create top-notch 3D models as well as 2D floor plans, elevations, and sections for a top architectural company from Europe.
FWS Provides BIM Services to Technology Company in Southeast Asia
A leading technology company in Singapore needed building information modeling services which we provided quickly.
Flatworld has been very consistent in quality and has maintained or exceeded delivery schedules.President,
HVAC company in the US More Testimonials »
Outsource BIM Model Auditing Services to Flatworld Solutions
We have significant experience in creating BIM models for a complete range of building types. We also have experience in auditing BIMs for various clients. Our team is diligent and focused on providing exceptional quality and value-for-money.
If you are looking for a cost-effective and high-quality provider of BIM model auditing services, get in touch with us today!
BIM Model Auditing Services FAQs
What does BIM modeling mean?
It is the process of creating a digital render that includes information such as functional and physical characteristics of a building.
What are BIM requirements?
BIM execution plan is the key requirement as a BIM team prescribes how the BIM should be implemented and how the information will be transferred to the project information matrix.
What is the difference between CAD and BIM?
BIM involves an integrated workflow that is the information matric and coordinated by BIM experts on while the CAD is more of a drafting program. It is used to create building drafts.