#1 Agricultural Intelligence Platform Outsources Image Analysis and Tagging Services from Flatworld Solutions
The client is based in Israel and provides updated crop and plant information to agronomists and farmers. Their services enable early detection of agricultural problems and facilitate timely solutions with the support of visual analytics, reports and maps.
Client Requirements and Challenges - Analyze and Tag Satellite Images
The client uses more than 100 satellites to detect anomalies as small as 3 millimeters (slightly more than a tenth of an inch). This helps agricultural customers to monitor crop health and detect potential problems at an early point. The client needed outsourcing support to analyze satellite images and then tag them according to findings of pest, weed, soil, disease, fertilizer and other problems. The client required a high level of accuracy in image analysis.
The project involved these primary challenges -
- Each type of crop had different image analysis criteria.
- Visibility of leaves was impaired by weeds, other leaves and light conditions.
- It was difficult to differentiate between infestation, normal tears and defoliation.
The Solution - By Flatworld Solutions
The Flatworld Solutions (FWS) data management and image analysis specialists developed this solution -
- FWS offered an initial quality trial with 150 images. The team included an Account Manager and six full-time data entry specialists.
- Prior to the trial, the client provided online manuals, two days of online training for six team members and login credentials for the client portal and specialized tool.
- The trial involved logging in, selecting a batch of images, analyzing images based on client-designated criteria, image tagging and saving completed work.
- The trial was completed successfully in two days.
- Based on trial results that demonstrated precision and speed, the client signed a full-time contract - FWS assigned 30 dedicated specialists to analyze and tag 100,000 images.
Final Results - Fast Turnaround, Cost Savings and Precise Analysis of 100,000 Images
In addition to being pleased with the fast turnaround and high-quality results, the client reported a cost savings of 70 percent compared to other outsourcing providers. This project also demonstrates the benefit of working with an outsourcing provider that can rapidly scale up to larger team sizes for high-volume projects such as this one.
Choose Flatworld Solutions for Image Analysis and Tagging
Flatworld Solutions is an ISO certified international provider of outsourcing services with two decades of experience. Our client list includes Fortune 1000 companies as well as individuals and family businesses. Contact us today to discuss your next project.
Tell us your requirement, we will revert with a free quote within one business day.
- FWS Enabled A US-based Funding Company to Streamline Lead Data on Zoho
- Streamlining Purchase Order Processing for a Leading IT Solutions Provider
- Flatworld Provided Data Extraction for a Management Consulting Firm
- Flatworld Solutions Provided Online Data Entry Services to Kansas-based Body Jewelry Client
- Flatworld Solutions Provided Data Research and Extraction Services to an App-based Nightlife Aggregato