Flatworld Helped a Top Game Developer with 3D Modeling for Virtual Reality Gaming Development
The client develops virtual reality games from their base in Budapest, Hungary. They had been working on adding 3D models for a more realistic gaming experience and were searching for an outsourcing partner to help with game art modeling.
Challenges Faced by the Client
The client wanted 3D modeling expertise for creating low-poly 3D models of landscapes and buildings. This requirement involved the need for a project team with an expert-level modeling background combined with architectural visualization skills. The client also needed a proven and timely framework for delivery so that deadlines and quality requirements would be met.
The project challenges included -
- A lack of CAD (.dwg) files created a challenge involving visualization of measurements
- Realistic 3D models for virtual reality games require high-quality optimized low-poly count
The Flatworld Solutions project team created realistic 3D models using the following process -
- The team included a team leader, an operations head and four (periodically increased to five) 3D drafters
- Software included 3DS Max
- Two decades of experience with architectural details and 3D modeling enabled the team to visualize measurements without any project delays
- Properties, room accents and furnishings were created within a realistic and high-quality virtual reality framework
- Project deliverables: 2D outlines and floor plans (extracted in 3DS Max files) plus virtual 3D models (.fbx and .3ds formats)
- Quality standards adhered to ISO 9001:2015 criteria
Game art modeling for a virtual reality environment requires an advanced skill set that already exists within our 3D modeling studio created during 12 plus years of industry experience. Our skilled designers can create both low-poly renditions for virtual reality gaming and high-poly 3D renditions needed in other projects.
While these specialized processes can be costly and time-consuming when carried out by other providers, our cost-effective approach typically helps clients reduce costs by 40% to 50% (and often more). For example, the modeling specialists at Flatworld Solutions can easily convert CAD drawings and freehand sketches into realistic virtual models.
Choose Flatworld for Efficient 3D Modeling Services
At Flatworld Solutions, we offer efficient architectural engineering services to numerous clients across the globe. Our skilled 3D drafters have worked with different clients and have developed the required skill sets to cater to any type of complex client requirements. We also provide services for Landscape Design & Drafting, 3D rendering, architectural drafting and detailing, etc. to meet unique client needs.
When you are facing tight deadlines and stringent budgets for gaming and other complex projects, let us show you what we can do - with a free project quote from Flatworld Solutions.