Flatworld Solutions Provided Green Energy Analysis for US-based Residential Real Estate Giant
Client Profile - Energy Consulting Group
The client is based in the United States (Texas) and provides a variety of energy design services involving historic buildings, remodels and new homes throughout the state. In addition to ensuring that houses meet state and local energy building codes, the client implements and verifies energy efficient construction practices.
Client Requirements and Challenges - Renewable Energy Support
The client wanted an experienced engineering services provider to analyze the energy specifications and efficiency of multiple residential real estate projects. Requirements included MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) expertise and reviewing designs for compliance with International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) guidelines. The analysis needed to evaluate all building components such as ventilation docks, underground piping and heating/cooling units. The client also wanted the analysis to reflect the energy impact of local climate and environmental conditions.
The project involved this challenge -
- Obtain appropriate architectural drawings and match them with precise locations.
The Solution - By Flatworld Solutions
The Flatworld Solutions MEP engineering specialists developed this solution -
- The team included an account manager and two energy analysts.
- Based on a client suggestion, team members used Ekotrope cloud-based software to incorporate the Home Energy Rating System (HERS), an industry standard for assessing energy efficiency for homes.
- The client provided drawings, MEP details, climate conditions, building material information and property locations.
- The use of cloud-based energy rating software enabled the client to view real-time updates. This facilitated an expedited turnaround time for final results - about seven days.
Final Results - Completed Energy Analysis for 7 Residential Projects in 1 Week
This project illustrates the benefits of a close working relationship between clients and engineering services partners. In this case, the client provided key technical information that the Flatworld Solutions (FWS) team incorporated into the green energy review of residential properties. This facilitated a cost-effective and fast turnaround without sacrificing quality.
The FWS international experts can work in your time zone - our engineering team operates on a 24/6 schedule that allows easy communication and quick results across multiple time zones. Our account managers are fluent in English plus many more languages. FWS employs a customer-centric outsourcing approach that is customized to meet the specific requirements and budgets of each client.
Flatworld Solutions is ISO certified and provides high-quality services that meet international guidelines. Contact us today to discuss your next project.