FWS Provided Retail Space Drafting Services to a Project Management and Planning Company
The client is based in the United States (New Jersey) and provides architecture, planning, and project management services throughout North America. The client has operated for 30 years and helps their customers to improve building utilization and meet tight project schedules.
Client Requirements and Challenges
The client wanted a cost-effective outsourcing partner to help them with a retail space layout project. They needed designing, drafting, and visualization support. The client provided blueprints with mark-ups that needed to be made to current store layouts as well as new layouts for future stores. They also supplied building plans and required fit outs based on industry specifications.
The project involved these primary challenges -
- Matching store designs to blueprints
- Optimizing space utilization involving fixtures while meeting safety guidelines
- For existing stores, point cloud data was unclear
After analyzing the project challenges and the client's requirements, the Flatworld Solutions engineering, and drafting specialists developed this solution -
- The team included an account manager, seven engineers, and a quality analyst
- To complete the three primary tasks, the drafting team used AutoCAD, Revit BIM, and SketchUp 3D modeling software
- To facilitate the design team's visualization, point cloud data (large data sets of 3D point data) was used. Because the point cloud data was not clear for many existing stores, the team collected required data by communicating with the client
- The team also communicated on a regular schedule with the client to clarify fixture layout requirements
- The timeline (six days) and other client requirements for the project were met successfully
Final Results - Completed Project in 6 Working Days
This project demonstrates a frequent scenario in Flatworld Solutions (FWS) assignments with construction consultants, architects, and retail companies: retail space planning frequently involves hybrid requirements that can differ widely between existing stores and newly designed retail buildings. Overcoming this challenge can be complicated, costly, and time-consuming for clients - the FWS drafting and engineering team has a 12-year track record of successfully meeting challenges like this.
Hire Flatworld Solutions for Accurate Retail Space Planning Services
The Flatworld Solutions team can work in your time zone - our international and multilingual team operates on a 24/6 schedule that allows easy communication and quick results across multiple time zones. FWS is an ISO certified provider of retail space drafting and other architectural engineering services. Our client list includes Fortune 1000 companies as well as individuals and family businesses. If you have a similar project requirement, then contact us today to discuss our cost-effective pricing for your next project.